SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

mis-interpretations and rumours

1. 85 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Folks,

Having read some of the theories and interpretations on SOA in the last few days thought I'd comment on a few of these as they are incorrect.

It has been reported that hydrocarbons seen to approx 10100 ft, The well has been drilled to approx 10600 ft, I would assume if there had been any further potential pay intervals SSN would have reported same.

They have logged the entire well and decided to test from approx 10100 ft upwards, this further adds to the arguement above, if there was something worth testing below this they would do it. That's why the liner shoe is being set at 10100ft now slightly deeper, not as other posters. Everything below this will be abandoned, not as other posters have suggested available for testing.

They aren't about to do a squeeze job for wellbore stability issues or anything else. The squeeze job has already been done. As OMRfound out the Driller's screwed up the casing cement job which would have meant they did not have annulus isolation to drill into the reservoir. The remedial cement job involved shooting holes in the casing then squeezing cement through these. However this comprimises the casing integrity, hence they will bring the liner lap above the holes to restore well integrity.

The reason SSN are using a cemented liner is they want to independently test several zones which intially need to be isolated from each other with cement. They will perforate the liner with wireline and I suspect they are going to perforate all the way down to 10100 ft or a bit below that. The deeper liner show will allow for a sump to drop the guns as they will swell post firing and may not be able to be pulled back through the production packer.

Here endeth the lesson.

cheers,

Oilman

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.