I have been homeless and it was not from gambling or mental...

1. 1,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 323
    I have been homeless and it was not from gambling or mental illness. It was from getting cleaned out in a relationship breakdown late in life. I have slept on cardboard in a railway pedestrian tunnel and washed up the best i could in a park. I met a lot of old guys who came to be homeless as a result of a relationship breakdown, mostly long term >30 years.

I have built many houses with my own 2 hands throughout my life using an owner builder license, but the red tape and associated bs fees and ropes to jump had become so burderson that it was no longer a viable process.

With a small stake I took back to the ASX where by I was able to take out a 30 year lease on land in north Thailand and build with my own 2 hands a very nice house with just $8000. Building a house is actually an easy and fun task that anyone can learn . . . even me with 2 massive heart attacks, type 1 diabetes
    and hypertension.

If the Australia government started to encourage people to build a home with their own 2 hands and removed all the building regulations then every one could have a home.

Back in the 50s and 60s I had a very happy childhood in a half finished house on a dirt road with a can for a toilet. All the do-gooder regulations have now made this an impossibility.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.