AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

mull this over nye

1. 234 Posts.
    Whatever your poison tomorrow night, hope those in for the long haul with AVB find five mins to mull over what the company has flagged is coming in 2014 (maybe with more announcements as soon as 2-3 weeks imo??).

How good are those assays going to be for a start(I keep looking at the example pic of Hole 74 in the recent announcement)? Resource journo I showed nearly fell off his chair when he saw that pic! "High grade Avanco indeed."

He's watching closely in the next month up to Easter.

Also worth reflecting on how darn well this company is placed going in to 2014 on the finance front. I was as critical as anyone with the placement prior to the AGM. A bit of research myself, some very well considered explanations from the MD and just as importantly, I've sought some advice from some very seasoned investors and I now see the light. And thanks to one of those more learned investors than myself for the article below for further enlightenment.

imo, there has to be something special on the way for AVB investors in 2014-15 when you think that we have the likes of Blackrock and Banco Votorantim offering finance (and partnering with AVB) given the year it has been for mining minnows trying to get finance for projects or even to survive. How tough is it to get finance for mining minnows? Have a look at this article below in the London Financial Times kindly sent to me by the well researched investor mentioned above and judge for yourself how well placed AVB is going into 2014.

Which copper minnow is within a whisker of having finance, mining licence, JORC, high grades and will be mining in early 2015??? And we know that is just the start. A flow of positive news on it's way 1st qtr imo.

Of course, up to management to execute but we'll know well and truly how this is going to play out by March imo. I voted with my wallet early today and now fully loaded to hopefully reap the rewards of two years of investing.

Good luck all.

Article from FT:

December 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Mining sector faces fresh pain as Canadian listings drop
    By James Wilson, Mining Correspondent (Dec 26, 2013)

A crisis in confidence in the mining sector, fuelled by a steep decline in metal prices, is set to deepen as the number of new mining listings in Canada plunges.

Up until the end of November, 62 companies had listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange or its junior counterpart, the TSX venture exchange, compared with 129 by the same point in 2012 and more than 200 in both 2009 and 2010.

The amount of equity raised in Toronto has also fallen from $10.3bn in the whole of 2012 to just $6.5bn by the end of November. Almost half of this year’s total to date came in November when Barrick Gold, the largest gold miner by reserves and annual output, raised $3.1bn of fresh equity, in a sign of the distress facing many companies digging for that metal. The price of gold has fallen 28 per cent this year.

Canada is one of the world’s largest centres for mining finance, particularly for so-called “junior” companies seeking money for exploration. The lack of fundraising activity in during 2013 could slow the discovery of mineral reserves, in turn making it harder for larger miners to restock their project pipelines.

Junior explorers, sometimes raising only a few million dollars, are an important part of mining activity since many of their projects go on to be developed by larger groups. Canadian juniors have traditionally played a substantial role in global mining, partly encouraged by tax breaks for exploration spending.

Mining stocks have been some of the worst performers on global markets, bruised not just by uncertainty over the outlook for commodities but by big writedowns and cost overruns on a number of overambitious investments.
    Canada has about 1,600 listed mining companies, but their combined stock market value has fallen by about half in the past two years.

Toronto’s exchanges remain the largest for mining equity raised, according to Gamah International, a Canadian consultancy. During 2012 they were used for about 70 per cent of all mining equity finance worldwide.

Alexander Keepin, global co-head of mining at Berwin Leighton Paisner, said: “The last quarter of the year has been busier, which is a good sign, but investors are being very selective about what they are willing to finance.

“A lot of early-stage projects have simply been put on hold with only minimum licence commitments being met. The companies feeling the pinch the most are those which are looking to move to production and need to finance substantial investment in the project and related infrastructure. They are struggling the most and having to be very creative about using a combination of all types of funding.”

The full article can be found at: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5c51b8b2-6bff-11e3-85b1-00144feabdc0.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.