"My personal preference in the media, as far as voices go, is...

1. 81,767 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

"My personal preference in the media, as far as voices go, is the male voice, anytime, particularly on news programs; it is clearer and does not have the shrillness or the strange thing some female presenters do at the back of the throat (probably to make it appear lower); nobody seems to tell them how unattractive the resulting sound is. "

interesting comment - and, something I had not thought about before.

Historically - female voices are far superior in radio transmission - ie. taxi cab networks and the like

they are in general far easier to hear and get the clear and correct message. They most certainly have been in the past where radio and the surroundings weren't what they are today - with lots of crackles and squeaks and ambient noise from god knows what.

However - I agree with you comment on modern media -- I had never thought of it before - but, you are correct -

many of them sound like marbles in a tin can rattling - -and, the only thought that comes to mind as why is

testosterone

higher levels of testosterone in females are very easy to pick (and, for smart guys wanting a good time - they are the ones you listen for across a crowded room - saves a hell of a lot of time really) -

now, to me - modern media dwelling females - would pretty much 'have to have' larger than life testosterone levels - they would have to - or they just wouldn't get the gigs - both because of competition with other females and to just survive in the boys club -

so, to me - yes, it makes sense

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.