My Cole Clarke, page-30

1. 3,058 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    Hi folks.  Only just came across this thread and thought I’d throw my 2 bob in.  I’ve got 6 acoustics and one is an absolute standout from the rest.  I’ve got a Cole Clark FLAC 1, Maton EM 225c, Gibson Songwriter, Yamaha DW20, Tanglewood TSFCE and a CF Martin D18P.

Apart from the Tanglewood, which I use for camping trips and it sounds so bad compared to the others I would happily burn it to keep warm, all the others are great instruments.  All have varying levels of playability, tone, feel, and aesthetic appearance.  Of course each has a price!!

Not going ramble on about each one but I will tell a brief story.  In 2010 I bought the Songwriter after months of reading and trying what few were available in Perth. I was happy with this guitar. It looked great, it sounded great. Got a good price. BUT!! I dont know what it was, but it just wasn’t ME.  No matter how much I played it, I ended up back on one of my other guitars, feeling “happier”. Don’t get me wrong, the Songwriter is a beautiful guitar.

Anyway, in 2015, I was trying out a Gibson J45 hoping it would “feel” better than the Songwriter.  I wasn’t convinced with the J45 and was quite despondent.  I gave it back to the sales guy and said no thanks, it just doesn’t feel right. He then went and got another guitar and said try this. I went out back and as soon as I started playing it, I was hooked. I went back and got the J45 and played it for a few minutes and then picked up the other. No I wasn’t dreaming, this guitar is awesome.

I walked out with a 2011 CF Martin D18P.  I ended up comparing it to a D28, D18 and D35 on the same day.  I found one awesome guitar.  And I think it was then that I realised that the Songwriter I have is great, indeed awesome for someone, but not for me.  The same for all my guitars, except the D18P.  It was made just for me.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

47ED0852-4D9B-42C0-BAB9-7EBE66B2A7FD.jpeg
    Last edited by Chill: 29/04/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.