Whereu, you say, you can't name one moral code that is supposed...

1. 9,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 167
    Whereu,

you say, you can't name one moral code that is supposed to be in religious text that is beyond the human mind to produce

I can,

How about, it's against the law to charge interest to the poor who want to lend money from you?

exodus 22 25

Don’t charge interest when you lend money to any of my people who are in need

How about, it's the law that if you find your enemy's lost possessions, that you are to return them to your enemy?

exodus 23 4

If you find an ox or a donkey that has wandered off, take it back where it belongs, even if the owner is your enemy.

How about, it's the law that the poor can go and eat anything they want from your field in the seventh year

Exodus 23 11

let the land rest during the seventh year. The poor are to eat what they want from your fields, vineyards, and olive trees during that year, and when they have all they want from your fields, leave the rest for wild animals.

how about, it's the law that you are to leave something behind of all your food for the poor to eat?

22'When you reap the harvest of your land, moreover, you shall not reap to the very corners of your field nor gather the gleaning of your harvest; you are to leave them for the needy and the alien. I am the LORD your God

Leviticus 23 22

Whereu, do you really think mankind could come up with those laws on his own? they may have them as suggestions, but there has never been a culture where ITS THE LAW to help the poor.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.