Nannyalia, page-21

1. 24,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    There's lots of things we can do. Like 'democracy' for example, that has the virtue of having never been tried before. So we start with something like citizens initiated referendums so that the MAJORITY can direct government. That would include sacking a government or politician for lying, treasonous behaviour, rorting the system, putting private interests ahead of Australia...add whatever you like. So if you have a good idea and get enough support then it comes up for vote at the next election, a simple bit of extra paper with a few more boxes on it.

They would also have to have majority approval before entering foreign wars without provocation (i.e. an attack on Australian soil), to enter 'international agreements' that effect the whole country. That would greatly limit government's ability to 'do stuff' (i.e. stuff things up even more, sell off the country even more, import the 3rd world even more etc).

I'm sure we could think of heaps of other things to improve the place or halt the decline .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.