MSB 0.00% $1.09 mesoblast limited

Hi @The Yankee, it's great to have your valued contributions...

1. 1,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1396
    Hi @The Yankee, it's great to have your valued contributions again

Yes, the potential revenue for CLBP is tremendous. But don't worry, it won't send the World's health systems broke.

I know you were speaking with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek (hey, a thought just occurred to me. Have we been misjudging Sector? Were all those "brahagharrhaa" etc commotions actually humorous tongue in cheek asides recognising MSB's superiority?).

Anyway, back to the topic. Selection of patients with CLBP will apply some pretty tight filters. MSB's own trial experience has identified an optimal age range and a duration of symptoms limit that will reject plenty of sufferers. Then there is the requirement that symptoms must be relatable to radiologically proven disc lesions. And the symptoms must have resisted a reasonable period of conservative management.

It's true. The vast majority of the population does suffer back pain, some people several times. And the majority of these just get better with time, simple analgesics and a good mobilisation program. My clinical experience over many years was of one or more back pain patients every day and one or two per year who would qualify for stem cell treatment. I'm referring to those few who had an identified disc lesion and who I would refer to a neurosurgeon after failure of conservative measures. Multiply that by all the primary care physicians in developed countries and you still have a huge number.

As you say, we can't use 80% of the adult US population as needful of our cells. However, that still leaves a very large market of people who are suffering pain and loss of quality of life and employment. And risking opioid addiction. Whatever that number is, Rexlemestrocel-L could be a blockbuster, perhaps the greatest of all time.

BTW, I reckon Gregory George has a very good idea of how big the market is

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.09
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.233B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.10 $1.12 $1.08 $1.766M 1.613M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 23341 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.10 64532 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.33am 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.11
  Change
0.000 ( 1.53 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.10 $1.12 $1.08 380267
Last updated 11.49am 18/06/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.