"The then treasurer, Scott Morrison, who genuinely cares about...

1. 42,626 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "The then treasurer, Scott Morrison, who genuinely cares about the NDIS, made saving it a centrepiece of that year’s budget." (SMH) says a lot about the balance of the report right away..... and the Morrison grovelling continues for 5 paras..... eek.png it's sickening, sugary to the point of disgust..... and written by Andrew Charlton???

theres something very odd here.

but to the point: the independence wasn't a "design flaw" but a recognition that all govts see such programs as the means to an end; one govt wants to salve their conscience by pouting money in, the next abandons a worthwhile project that will ultimately profit the budget bottom line through employment taxation.

makes sense doesn't it? the nation took over the management of the state care of people, which was always woefully inadequate and very hard to get into.

intelligent people with lived experience manage the system that has become the central provider of co-ordinately assistance, within tight monetary frame. I cannot be arbitrarily reduced by budgetary requirements as it the central lifeline for many thousands of people who will at last have a chance at returning to, or finally receiving, a normal life.

sin bin, my informed comment comes from a lot of contact with such people as are now termed participants. do you know why the NDIS decided on the word? because for all their lives most people with disabilities have not been able to participate in anything much at all.

as for the article? crikey I didn't expect anything like that from Charlton. very odd for be almost fetching Morrison like that. causes me to wonder if it really was written by him.

but thanks for the suggestion. it wasn't hard to find...... which is also rather odd.
    Last edited by Scott th Ratbag: 15/05/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.