DME 0.00% 18.0¢ dome gold mines limited

News: Dome Gold Mines advances Fiji iron sands with environmental nod

1. Dome Gold Mines (ASX:DME) is set to move its Sigatoka iron sands project in Fiji into a mine permitting phase after securing a critical environmental clearance from the local government.

The Fiji Department of Environment has approved Sigatoka’s environmental impact assessment, paving the way for the submission of a mining lease application, which Dome is moving quickly to finalise.

The approvals milestone follows a number of recent development advancements at the site, including a tenement renewal for a further three years and a chemical analysis which indicated Sigatoka material was suitable for industrial use.

The Sigatoka inventory totals 131.6 million tonnes, including 25 million tonnes of resources in the indicated category grading 11.6% heavy minerals (HM) at Sigatoka River and inferred resources of 100.7 million tonnes at 17% HM in the onshore Kulukulu prospect.

The mineralisation is easily accessible and mining is expected to employ low-cost dredging methods commonly used in the mineral sands mining industry. 

The magnetite and other heavy minerals of value are recovered as concentrates by various combinations of gravity, electrostatic and magnetic processes that are already widely used in the mineral sands industry.

Once a definitive feasibility study has confirmed the deposit to be economic to mine, development and concentrate production is expected to occur quickly.

Dome declared a cash position of $2.25 million as of the end of June after raising $3.26 million in capital over the June quarter.

Proactive Investors Australia is the market leader in producing news, articles and research reports on ASX “Small and Mid-cap” stocks with distribution in Australia, UK, North America and Hong Kong / China.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DME (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $65.61M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 915401 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DME (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.