NAB 0.27% $33.89 national australia bank limited

I see merit in both sides of the argument, but there seems to be...

1. 1,775 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    I see merit in both sides of the argument, but there seems to be limited thinking about solutions. If it was recognised from early days - as I think it was - that older and/or infirm people were way more at risk than working-age people, and that there was very little risk at school-age, then couldn't we have stayed away from all "one size fits all" thinking and imposed strict distancing rules on those at risk and let everyone else stay at work and at school with much more modest restrictions?

I can't fault Scott Morrison (or Anthony Albanese who has been supportive), even though I think his policies may not have been the best, because I do think he has done the absolute best he could in difficult circumstances. Xi Jinping's China has been criminal in its self-serving lies and concealment of information, data from around the world has been woeful, the WHO is just an arm of China, and the virus models used to guide governments have been worse than useless. Australia has a very low rate of Wuhan virus deaths, but our economy has been hit about as hard as others' and we don't yet know whether there will be a second wave or what it will look like.

I do agree that Australia's low Wuhan death rate is largely (or wholly) thanks to federal and state government action. I want them to be proved right so I have signed up for the App, and I would encourage others to do so - the risk is surely very low and the potential benefit to yourself and others is high.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$33.89
Change
0.090(0.27%)
Mkt cap ! $104.3B
Open High Low Value Volume
$33.41 $33.92 $33.41 $29.23M 869.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 1205 $33.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$33.90 824 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.32am 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$33.94
  Change
0.090 ( 0.47 %)
Open High Low Volume
$33.41 $33.97 $33.41 154445
Last updated 11.52am 01/05/2024 ?
NAB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.