S32 0.55% $3.64 south32 limited

News: S32 South African miners join race to buy Botswana's Khoemacau copper mine -sources, page-8

1. 5,421 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1330
    Thanks @desertredlion. Flattered you think my opinion matters.

S32 FY23 results reflect lower commodity prices and margins, which were still good. Solid and growing production.

Writing $1.3b off Hermosa (an accounting wheeze) masks underlying earnings of $916m. The write-off is strategic, though the purpose is unclear to me.

Mr Market is always looking to the future. We should be too. Announcement of US government support for Clark and its battery grade manganese under FAST-41 is imminent, likely to be very large and will bring mine construction of both Clark and Taylor forward.

World demand for metals, notably copper and aluminium, is set to skyrocket in the electrical revolution.

S32 was born as an uncorrelated group of mining assets without an exploration/development pipeline. GK & team have worked tirelessly to remedy this, consistently adding to its position through M&A, brownfields and greenfields and shifting focus to the metals of the future while delivering quality shareholder returns.

S32 may trade lower in the short-term. I remain supremely confident it will grow faster than say BHP or RIO and their IO weighting.

Ash

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.64
Change
0.020(0.55%)
Mkt cap ! $16.48B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.62 $3.64 $3.58 $59.17M 16.35M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 146 $3.63

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.65 624124 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S32 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.