FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Link to the AFR article today. Some excerpts below. There has...

1. 989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1015
    Link to the AFR article today. Some excerpts below.

There has never been a better time and a better place to be in this sector imo.

The fact is most of the developers in front of us are already taken and who's left?

Little ole us for one.

Absolutely essential we go full steam ahead to develop the first then second stage mining imo.

If shareholders don't want to travel that path then we should sell to the highest bidder.

"If you think about the investment required downstream in battery making and car making capacity the capital being deployed is huge – billions and billions of dollars.

"So the idea they might spend a couple of hundred million at the raw material end to assist in security of supply makes a lot of sense."

Mr Rule said the companies were keen to diversify the supply chain away from China, secure production from about 2025 and be able to deal directly with the miners, rather than the lithium chemical converters or battery companies.

"They are very active right now and they have been for the past couple of months," he said.

Mr Brinsden said the Perth-based company already had a "healthy level of engagement" with large upstream players keen to discuss the security of future supply.

"They do genuinely want to talk about the supply base and where it is going to come from," he said.

"They are paying a lot more attention to it than they might have historically. I think the worm has turned and there is an issue in the industry with respect to that supply base and I wouldn't mind betting that you start to see some of those bigger organisations try and get a seat."

Much of Pilgangoora's production is already covered by offtake contracts, a trend which Mr Rule said was making the manufacturers anxious.

Read more: http://www.copyright link/business/...&promote_channel=social_twitter#ixzz4p9c37KGJ
    Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.