SLX 0.88% $5.74 silex systems limited

In June 2007 SLX share price rose to $12.70 on the strenghth of...

1. 302 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    In June 2007 SLX share price rose to $12.70 on the strenghth of a tip sheet called Taipan publications. The writer was a Andrew Mickey. Almost everything he wrote has now been proven but it has taken or will have taken nearly 20 years to come to fruition. He predicted that our share price would got to $57. Now i predict ou SP will exceed the previous high og $12.70 within the next few months if not weeks. I am predicting way over $20 in the first leg up once TRL6 is achieved. Anothe major jump will occour when GLE receives DOE funding to build out Pudacah. Another jump will come when Cameco make noises to up there stake in GLE.

Rember this at https://www.stockgumshoe.com/reviews/breakaway-investor-defunct/classified-uranium-enrichment-secret/

“ClassifiedUranium Enrichment Secret”

By TravisJohnson, Stock Gumshoe, April 3, 2007

This one has come in from a few differentreaders recently, and most of the emails I’ve seen have had the subject“Classified Uranium Secret Could Launch $5 Stock to $57”

This is for a uranium enrichment company, and it comes from AndrewMickey at Breakaway Investor, yet another Taipan publication. Here’s the sell:

This company has a new kind of uraniumenrichment using lasers, which has the potential to be much cheaper and moreefficient than the old centrifuge and gas diffusion techniques. According toMickey, this new kind of enrichment is the “holy grail” for nuclear power,since enrichment adds so much cost to raw uranium (which itself is plentyexpensive enough these days).

And Mickey sells himself, too, detailing hisbackground and claiming that “there aren’t 15 people on the planet who possessmy exact expertise in nuclear technology, weapons security, and uraniumenrichment.”

That may well be true, I have absolutely noidea.

Thes very long email ad is essentially a sellpiece for nuclear power in general — so it talks about improved safety, thedemand for energy, the money that uranium companies have made recently, etc.That doesn’t help us find this company, so we’ll skip it.

And then we get to the intriguing part (andthe intrigue, if you believe in conspiracy theories):

“A high-level U.S. government ‘cover-up’ hashelped this tiny $5 company knock its competition out of business… and secure avirtual monopoly on its laser-enrichment technology.”

This company has had it’s technologyclassified because it could be used both for nuclear weapons and for nuclearenergy, so it has “RD” (restricted data) status with the Department of Energy,which from Mickey’s description sounds like a super-patent: Not only do you getto keep the technology for yourself and your customers, but you don’t even haveto tell anyone how it works, and you don’t have to publicize any details aboutit.

This has made plenty of folks very mad, thoughI don’t know if that will be an issue for investment in this company or not.They’ve had this status for nearly six years, and are apparently the onlyprivate company to have it.

And this company has a deal with a big energycorporation to commercialize the technology, so there may be a path to profitsin the very near future (they tease doesn’t mention much by way of thefinancials, so I’m assuming we’re talking about a “pre-profitable” companywithout anything to brag about in that regard).

So that’s a little background — a uniqueuranium refinement technique, owned by one company, and we all know theexcitement that uranium and nuclear companies have brought to the market in theface of high oil prices.

Now what about specifics to help us tease outthe company name?

It’s a “$5 stock”

Just secured a “monster contract” with that“BIG Energy company” I noted above. And they give probably too good a hint onthat one, saying the market cap of the big company is $374 Billion.

And there’s a quote from the CEO of BIGEnergy, using pseudonyms for everything: “BIG Energy’s agreement with [$5company] comes at an ideal time, just as the global nuclear industry ispreparing to build new reactors around the world,” said Andy White, presidentand CEO of BIG Energy. “These new reactors will require a steady supply ofenriched fuel. We expect the new technology to help us fulfill the industry’sgrowing fuel demands.”

The company has $26 million in cash.

“The stock is up 15% in the past month … andtrading volume has doubled in recent days.”

“the founder of this company has alreadysnapped up 6.39 million shares”

And the final sell to keep this interesting:

“I wouldn’t be surprised to see it deliver atenfold return by September 2007.

(I see this phrasing so often as advisorscover their arses that I sometimes wonder what it would take to surprisethem.)

Are yougetting our free Daily Update
    "reveal" emails? If not,
    just click here...

So that ought to be enough, right? Let’s putthat into the Stock Gumshoe pensivometer and see what we find …

AHA!

This company is …

Silex Systems Limited (SLX on the Australian exchange where it’s primary listing is,SILXF.PK on the pink sheets)

Which is sort of an acronym, by the way, for Separationof Isotopes by Laser Excitation. Fun, huh? You can check out theirwebsite for this tidbit and an education about what the different enrichment technologies do and why theirs is better if you’re interested (and if you promise to come back!)

They signed their deal with General Electric —which is of course the only company that could be that $374 billion BIG energyco. — back in May of last year.

It’s not a $5 stock anymore, though it was atjust about $5 back in the beginning of March when the current iteration of theemail probably started its rounds — but if it’s really going to grow tenfold bySeptember there’s certainly plenty of space left before you hit the ceiling.I’ll credit it with $8.25 on my spreadsheet since that’s what you would havehad to pay on March 19, the date of the earliest of these emails that I have acopy of, though I suppose you can give them credit for a $5.60 price back inearly March if you’re feeling charitable.

Either way, if you believe that $57 targetyou’ve got a “sevenfold” opportunity, if not a “tenfold” one … I don’t knowmuch about the nuclear power industry, so you’re on your own with this one —just keep in mind, it has already ramped dramatically in the last month,perhaps due in part to some of these newsletters pushing it, and it is roughlyin the middle of the range it’s traded in for the past year (on the ASX, atleast). It also got clobbered in Australia earlier today (or was thatyesterday? Tomorrow? I get confused with that Int’l Date Line), though I haveno idea whether or not that means anything. I get the impression that actualproduction of enriched uranium using this technology is still a couple yearsaway, but that’s after only a cursory examination and I could be wrong.

sam

April 6, 2007 5:18 am

SILXY is another way to buy this stock, forevery share of SILXY , you own the equivalent of five shares of SILEX

Stock

April 6, 2007 2:56 pm

Thanks Sam — good point. This is SILXY.PK ifyou’re looking on Yahoo Finance, though Yahoo doesn’t index it under a tickersymbol search for “Silex” for some reason. Unlike the ticker I provided for the1:1 shares, this is a sponsored ADR through Bank of NY for those who preferthis extra level of security. Not sure how the volume compares.

Thanks again, sorry I didn’t point that out inthe original piece.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.74
Change
0.050(0.88%)
Mkt cap ! $1.359B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.78 $5.84 $5.71 $1.495M 259.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 347 $5.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.84 3092 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.74
  Change
0.050 ( 1.03 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.78 $5.84 $5.71 27013
Last updated 15.59pm 10/06/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.