I understand the interest - me too but, the idea of Oz - (now)...

1. 82,586 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I understand the interest - me too

but, the idea of Oz - (now) even thinking about it ------------- whoooosh!!!!!!

man - that's the 3 bottle of red talk

interestingly - if we went back a few decades - you might have got me in some kind of serious thought - because, I've always valued some things in Aussies (my best friends on here are wrong in that I hate everything about Ozzies) -

indeed, I've championed the innovation and invention 'character' of Aussies - we 'are' different -

and we have proven many many times - that we could probably have a good crack at a moonshot with a ball of fencing wire, a few tin cans and some old fireworks

why? -------- I don't know - we are as crazy as Russian tinkerers and inventors, we aren't hampered like the Japanese are and are limited to applied science, we aren't like Americans who think in millions of HP and can't think outside of their exceptionalism and we're not like the French who take ages to talk around anything, nor like the Germans who would have to have it function before they begin

we are indeed - different. But for such a project ------------ now. Pfffffffffffffffft

where? how? who? ------- we can't even get a bloody hydro project going - and we've got a history with biggies there

we don't do big things well - we have done some crazy little things in an extraordinary fashion

and, yeah - this would be crazy --------- but, where would any funding come from?

government? na, public raising? na - the only beneficiaries there are directors, venture capitalists? yeah - but, in America and they'd need something to see at first

everything in Oz is against such a crazy idea -------- even Elon I think would baulk at it in America and he's not short on having a go and chucking billions of his own money at things

but, I'm never surprised to be proven wrong - and, maybe there's some crazy few blokes out there - maybe like Hedley Taylor and David Unaipon who have built something in a shed somewhere

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.