SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

Well if Brent stays at $40/Bbl for next 5 years there's a whole...

1. 10,766 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3519
    Well if Brent stays at $40/Bbl for next 5 years there's a whole lot more to worry about than the oil industry.

SSN share price just seems so "disconnected" to fundamentals - even adjusted for the low price environment. If you take (most) emotion out do some figures they do show SSN as trading at a discount - but there is usually a reason for that.

Another useful multiple around EBITDAX (this is especially for you Rob) is simply the EV/EBITDAX or taken just in isolation and then apply a multiple that is occurring on asset deals now.

Translation: SSN has a TTM EBITDAX somewhere in the $5 - $7M range. I'll use $6M. O&G asset sales are occurring all the time and the multiple being payed is ranging around 5x to 10x (though that was in a higher oil price time). So lets use the low multiple of 5x. Even looking forward, and using strip pricing for 2016, $6M should be doable.

Implication is that $6M of EBITDAX is "worth" $30M cash now. (and with SSN producing 800 bopd now and depending on your viewpoint possibly only 600 bopd in 12mths thats between $37,500 - $50,000 per flowing barrel).

$30M valuation (so less $17M for net debt leaves $13M for MC or at least 50% upside for SP) for all of SSN implies ZERO for anything else (inclusive of Rainbow PUD). Average volume in US despite large rise in oil price - further disconnect.

No I haven't bought SSN and am now trying to talk the price up (that's for you know who).

Oil price action today (up) has been predicted as short covering (Bloomberg wrote a piece on the high short interest). Gist was take advantage of it, as refinery maintenance season is Sep/Oct and lots a "extra" Bbls will be produced and going into storage as the refinery demand is lower (gasoline prices go up).

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.