AMP 0.93% $1.07 amp limited

Options and Warrant availability and use with upcoming results

1. 18 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    What's anyone's thoughts on the option and warrants available for AMP. One side effect of their size (even with recent events) is that a broad range of options and Warrants are available.

The current share price kind of feels like a "It can't possibly get significantly lower, but it may take a long time to turn around". Which tends towards using mini (knockout) Warrants. Given they effectively never expire, they just slowly lose value at the rate of interest (which is very very low at the moment), it can handle another year or two of sideways motion.

The flip side, on the bullish side is "This is still a profitable company. They are scumbags, but once the next annual results come out, it'll all turn around!" Which basically says that once the 2nd half 2019 results are announced, the price will right itself and all those who kept the faith will ascend into Valhalla. This theory (that we're right at the bottom right now) tends towards options. Potentially some out of the money options with a date a few weeks after the results. Or some very far out of the money set at the end of the year. Both of which are fairly cheap.

I'm not entirely sure that AMP has any further to go down, but it's in the back of my mind. Though in this case, I'm not going to buy puts, I'll just sit on the sidelines.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
-0.010(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $2.867B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.08 $1.09 $1.06 $11.65M 10.92M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 57831 $1.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 9368 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.07
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.70 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.08 $1.08 $1.06 1926509
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.