Organic Produce, page-56

1. 658 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    I love the element of surprise in life…Only expected a few replies & a robust 54 remarks later upon checking… Good to see it’s a matter of importance with some interesting comments J

Personally & despite some assumptions I’m not, I am strongly in favour of organic produce. This is mostly due to the prohibited use of synthetic fertlizers/pesticides/sewer sludge etc & importantly GM.

Organic is not perfect by any means e.g. The country of origin can an important factor, due to each country imposing varying degrees of guidelines to what can be classified as organic.

I have three organic pillars I always try to abide by…
    • Meat My main prerequisite is I do not want a grain fed animal because I do not want to risk exposue to GM. If my steak was grass fed but not organic, that will still do me fine J
    • Eggs As per above.
    • Potatoes One of the most highly sprayed produce & because of their roots continually hoover up all those lovely chemicals…

I consume a considerable volume of fruit/veg (Keen juicer) but some items matter very little such as melon, avocado i.e. items well shielded.

Mike68 – I already a lot of organic produce but oh If I was billionaire or should that be when I am (Law of attraction et al), then like yourself I will own a large leafy green plot of land. Everything will be grown biodynamically. I say I, because I would like to keep a hands on approach with certain processes…thinking I will attend to the orchards J

PeaceAKKI– I’m mighty envious of your backyard… Only items I am able to grow in my apartment are a basil bush. & I’m just about to start on some sprouts J

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.