"See my comment above about telling people what they think or...

1. 8,407 Posts.
    "See my comment above about telling people what they think or "know", and/or what they should think or "know". WE don't KNOW anything, but the chances are more for an evolutionary genesis of life than a creationist. Please stop using the inclusive reference (WE) about knowledge to support creationism. "

Come on Dam Triton , (is that in reference to an unfortunate experience with Mitsubishi or one of those fabulous Greek Gods ? ).

I know there are those who think this forum should somehow be an ideal "debater's" platform based on facts, evidence and logical argument ... this view seemingly abetted by some of the mods .. but hey it's not shares it's Philosophy and Religion. Where we can cut a bit of slack !

Philosophers may think of debate in "rational" terms, but that fails to acknowledge the whole thrust of Religion which is more interested in the Human emotional response to finding oneself alive and how it can be made "useful".

So, I'm all for more ad hominids or ad hominems whichever suits, logical fallacies, lack of repeatable "objective" evidence for "subjective" experiences, and in general all the things that add colour and flavour to human exchange ... especially on these basic questions.

Otherwise one would have to accept that no one can give another the "truth" of his "faith" nor the "untruth" of it and all P&R topics that include the word proof must immediately be dismissed as nonsense.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.