original inhabitants, page-9

1. 1,480 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Similar story in the Kimberley Seagull where the local aboriginal tribes denied any association with the "Bradshaws" for nearly a hundred years. It was only when they were "made aware" that if they could prove some link to the Bradshaws it would help legitimize their claims throughout vast tracts of the Kimberley, they did a complete back flip and all of a sudden knew all about them and how to interpret them. The big fly in the ointment was all the books scattered throughout world libraries which still told of their original opinions. In Australia most of these have now been systematically removed from public viewing and destroyed in what is basically a (successful) attempt to re-write history.
    When Graham Walsh died any resistance pretty much died with him.
    I've spent twenty years plus working on and operating charter boats up and down the Kimberley coast. Breaks my heart every time I see a beautiful Bradshaw painting either with its head smashed off by a rock or just simply painted over by the more recent inhabitants. The only good thing about the more recent paintings is they fade relatively quickly and the Bradshaws eventually reveal themselves again.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.