AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Hi False9 I have been called lucky Phil more than once....

1. 11,721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 575
    Hi False9

I have been called lucky Phil more than once.

Appreciate your post and have to agree risk is always a difficult think to assess. One area where sadly most players are disadvantaged is simple.... what do you owe this cash in your pocket, by that I mean what outside influences are working on that cash. As an exaggeration just to give weight to this argument could be that your money belongs be someone else, or you cannot afford to lose any of it, or it's a loan, or it has some other attachment to it, you get my drift, in essence these things can take your focus off where it should be. People I know well are involved in hedge funds (not me I hasten to add) one area they excel in is the ability to focus, not because of any super skills, but rather they are playing against attached money and they are playing with a great deal of unemotional money. Similar is a wealthy man who even with a loss here and there still eats well. Put this up against the huge and often unprotected retail battler, who may play small individually but still makes up a massive liquidity play for shall I say the more sophisticated player (now that's a real larff, because they are anything but sophisticated) about the only claim to fame is plenty of other peoples cash. Anything to make money is OK right, NO it is not right, not in my book, and is why I have never shorted or bet against a stock in 40 years, anyway just a personal preference so not important for others.

But some things are available to the little battler which the others do not have, time is the big one and research is the second one, big cash hates time, big cash has schedules, returns, balances and has large openly available research footprints, anyway what I mean is the little guy can win, he just has to understand that no one gets lucky here, it's not lotto, this place has much logic and if you are prepared to invest your time in TA or FA you will win your fair share IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.