PCK 3.45% 2.8¢ painchek ltd

A few questions:1. Do you really think that residents, staff and...

1. 703 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    A few questions:

1. Do you really think that residents, staff and family members at aged-care facilities will want a non-verbal individual to have to undergo blood withdrawal each time their level of pain is assessed? Do you think that parents will want their newborn child to continuously undergo blood sampling?

2. How quickly will levels of pain-related biomarkers be quantified? Considering the no-doubt exorbitant cost, it is incredibly unlikely that aged-care facilities will have the equipment available to undertake the biosample analysis themselves. I assume that blood samples will have to be sent to a central processing laboratory - how many days will it take until you know the level of someone's pain? Sounds dangerous.

3. Given the importance of accurate and continuous assessment of pain levels in aged-care residents (e.g. to reduce the inappropriate use of anti-psychotic medication and improve quality of life etc), what will be the total cost of quantifying blood biomarkers at one timepoint for one aged-care resident? Blood withdrawal, shipping to laboratory, laboratory analysis. What would be the cost of quantifying blood biomarkers monthly for one year in one individual? Unrealistically high, would be my guess.

4. I am having trouble finding a study that correlates levels of blood-based biomarkers of pain with the Abbey pain scale, can you please help me out here?

To me, the uses of Painchek and the uses of possible, future blood-based biomarkers of pain seem to be almost entirely separate. Yet, you speak as if the development of such a biomarker will be the definitive end of Painchek. I am unconvinced.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
-0.001(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $45.80M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.9¢ 2.9¢ 2.8¢ $5.431K 191.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 66051 2.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 145759 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 3.45 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.8¢ 2.8¢ 2.8¢ 2400
Last updated 15.30pm 06/05/2024 ?
PCK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.