I always wondered about the people, several of whom I met in...

1. 81,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I always wondered about the people, several of whom I met in Calais ----------- who have the guts and determination to leave on long journeys with very little - cross land, through war zones and the like and then sleep under bridges whilst waiting for the right time and resources to go run down the beach and launch a little tiny boat at night and head off across the English Channel

the ones I met were nice people, and guts and determination - wow.

I would have thought that if I were wanting to strengthen my nation with blood - that's what I'd want. But no, we chuck them all in the same basket -

pretty odd way of thinking

the world - and places in particular like Oz - will really need to think through mass migration in the near future - one way or another - there will be very large waves of migrant refugees coming

stopping it? pfffffffffft. The recourses of a combined Europe can't stop it there - and IMO, it's a dribble compared to what is coming

AND - what I learned is that - there's nothing new. I found a visit to the Immigration Museum in Paris to be very enlightening ------------- what we are seeing now ----------------- pfffffffft, - absolutely nothing in comparison to the past - nothing

it's a must see for me as a 'should' if one is going to Paris and interested in politics and immigration

and a plus - pretty good lunch nearby as well
    Last edited by pintohoo: 24/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.