I don't think this kind of post is helpful or productive...

1. 10,368 Posts.
    I don't think this kind of post is helpful or productive -derision politicians as being unqualified (what does that mean), overpaid, wanders, generally incompetent etc

The fact is most politicians probably start out like you and I would it totally unqualified in politics but generally intent on trying to make a difference - good or bad, agreeable to you and me or not. To subject yourself to electioneering, being available to constituents 24/7, quite frankly sounds like purgatory. I would never do it.

I am one of those who believe they are underpaid. Before anyone says it, no I Am not talking about the Slippers, Thomson etc who were more interested in what they could get, not what they give.

Cynicism about politics afflicts us all sometimes, but is not helpful. I believe we should all cherish democracy, not take it for granted or whinge about it - any one of us is free to stand for a seat and try to make a difference, instead of pointing fingers at others for not making any.
    Last edited by frasier: 30/09/14

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.