AJX 0.00% 1.1¢ alexium international group limited

I held the bag at 13.5 increasing my AJX holding 400% today. If...

1. 1,487 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 65
    I held the bag at 13.5 increasing my AJX holding 400% today.
    If some of the other bag holders were institutional this price action could well be capitulation.

One thing that has put me off taking a larger stake in the company in the past is the number of posters on this thread.

As someone acquainted with the developers of algorithmic models, from conversation with two architects that have incorporated social media monitoring as alpha factors, both echoed that high post or tweet volumes are treated as a froth indicator (froth meaning the stock price may be falsely inflated due to exited retail holders willing to take the offer) as well as an indicator that accessible liquidity is available (Most retail holders post and tweet as a response to anxiety over their capital investment. High post/tweet volume = high anxiety indicating underwater holders and an opportunity to shake the tree to create a liquidity event). Today’s action looked just like that event.

Algo trading aside, for the discretionary trader/speculator/investor, high volumes of low quality posts (whinging, high fives & niceties that belong on Facebook) only serve to make the thread a low quality information source and too much effort for most to bother reading.

For my sake, hopefully today turns out to be a point of capitulation for shareholder anxiety, the high post volumes and low share price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $10.53M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ $16.20K 1.473M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 250000 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 17341 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.13am 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.1¢
  Change
0.000 ( 8.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ 346987
Last updated 10.48am 08/05/2024 ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.