Problems with commsec

1. 718 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    Hi HC community,

I've had a very frustrating problem with CommSec support, and I can't help but think that someone can help me more than they can. To fix my account, they want to create a new account, and transfer my shares over, meaning that I won't be able to buy/sell for 2 weeks. I find this unacceptable.

About 10 months ago, I noticed that the Quotes & Research resulted in:

This page isn’t working
    research.commsec.com.au redirected you too many times.
    Try clearing your cookies.
    ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Now, before you presume anything. I've tested in other browsers, other PC's on my network, on other networks, via VPN or without VPN, all to no avail. On PC's this happens, on mobile phone APP, it works.

It gets interesting. When a family member signs into commsec on any of my non-working computers, it works for them. Similarly, at their house where there account works, my account does not! Proving that it's my account itself, I gave this info to CommSec. They didn't believe me, and after some months, they finally agreed to login to my account remotely. They wrote to me to confirm that it was indeed a problem with my account and that they were surprised. A patch to the CommSec account rolled out, but to no avail. Then the tumbleweeds started rolling. My emails started going unanswered.

After a total of 10 months, I asked for another follow-up. I was told that it was a problem on my end and that no support would be given. I nearly lost my head with this response, but calmly reminded them of my history and wasted time thus far.

Now I'm told that the only thing they can do, is to make me a new account, they won't guarantee it'll fix the issue as despite having logged into my account and seeing it not working, for some reason they must still think it's my fault somehow!

Given that my trades will be inaccessible for two weeks whilst this happens, should I agree to proceed, I desperately seek other solutions from the HC community.

I hear that the CommSec Q & R is amongst the best, so I'd love to stay with CommSec, but seriously 2 weeks without being able to sell stocks? Bit of a risk.

What are my rights, given that I've spent cumulatively quite a lot of money on brokerage fees over the years, as a consumer, to get this working without a 2 week trading halt? Am I being reasonable to expect better support?

Thanks in advance.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.