QPM 0.00% 4.4¢ queensland pacific metals limited

'Downramping undertone'. Oh dear. I have always been cautiously...

1. 5,357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2090
    'Downramping undertone'. Oh dear.

I have always been cautiously optimistic about the long term outlook for QPM. I've never made that a secret and I've always been open and direct about it. Unfortunately, many people consider someone who is not an unconditional permabull to be a 'downramper'. In reality, the market is complex and dynamic. Many things push and pull the share price in both directions. It's not downramping or even overall bearish to acknowledge the realities likely to send the price lower, especially in the short term. We have indeed seen some huge pullbacks. We saw the price crash by more than 50% within about two months this year, and it wasn't the only big crash/pullback we have seen this year. It's possible to acknowledge the realistic chances of price drops in the short to medium term while still being bullish in the long term. I'm not a downramper, I have no delusions about being able to influence the market and I certainly don't bother trying.

It's naive and counterproductive to think the share price is going to consistently move in a straight line or only in one direction, and someone being aware of this reality doesn't make them a 'downramper'. It's just silly and incorrect to call me a downramper when I've always been openly and unambiguously bullish about the long term outlook for QPM. Anyone who thought there weren't going to be any pullbacks was clearly incorrect and pretty clearly delusional. You're probably referring largely to when I said I expected pullbacks after DFS delays. Guess what? That's exactly what did happen. It wasn't 'downramping', it was just being realistic. Failing to see that obvious reality or at least the possibility of it just makes one naive. Whether people want to hold on and wait it out in such situations or sell out and buy back cheaper is a personal decision and there are pros and cons either way. I've never told anyone else what to do, but I haven't even been reluctant to openly share my strategies when I've taken advantage of the trading opportunities and increased my holdings for free. If I say I expect the price to drop, I say why, and it does what I expected and it was obviously because of what I expected, it's just silly to say I'm a downramper, especially when I've been constantly long term bullish throughout.

I'm not really claiming to be here 'helping' anyone. If people find any of my input interesting or helpful, that's great, but I'm mainly taking part in the discussions because I'm interested in and invested in the company and I'm keen to share ideas, it's useful to have my own ideas bounced around and either supported or shot down (this helps me and that's primarily what I'm interested in). Sure, I'm happy if I help others and if I can I will, and sometimes that does happen, and it's part of why I'm here, but it's so strange that just because at times I've been (usually correctly in hindsight) short term bearish you accuse me of being some sort of dishonest downramper trying to hurt people while posing as a samaritan for my own benefit. None of that makes sense and the track record vindicates it anyway. It would make far more sense to accuse the permabulls of ramping, especially those who dismissed any concerns about pullbacks such as I expressed, especially considering the fact that we have indeed had some good ones. I don't think most of them are actually deliberately trying to be rampers, they're just a little blinded by their desire to see their investment prosper, and let their bias guide them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QPM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $88.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.7¢ 4.3¢ $230.8K 5.126M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 594070 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 176195 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 2.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.4¢ 1787688
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
QPM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.