I think this is more than "you need to fit in with our way of...

1. 9,543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    I think this is more than "you need to fit in with our way of life or ship out." Them fitting into our way of lives is the most cosmetic of our problems. Or them not respecting our flag.

Australia has not had a terrorist event on home soil for a long, long, time. In fact I can't remember any event that qualifies as a terrorist event bar the shooting rampage in Port Arthur Tas.

Our heads are too deeply buried in the sandy la-la land. That we are shocked by people who merely don't respect our flag suggests we are totally unprepared for when a terrorist event happens here.

When we start getting beheadings and terrorist events like the ones which have happened in London, New York and other countries here on home soil is when the penny will drop that something needs to be done about this threat. I do not know the answer, the world as a whole does not have an answer on how to solve this problem. Terrorists are not a discrete entity like an army that you can destroy. You cannot defeat an enemy that melts into the civilian population after such acts of violence without harming some innocent part of that civilian population, Muslim or non-Muslim.

At the very least I think the peaceful majority of the population (both Muslim and non-Muslim) need to stand up against the extremist elements. Any threat to behead people because of their religion like this mob should be taken very seriously. People can't or should not abuse freedom of expression to make such callous threats. These guys are not joking.
    Last edited by practisingaccountant: 21/08/14

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.