RFG 5.56% 7.6¢ retail food group limited

Rapid growth covers up a lot of mistakes and failings, page-5

1. 737 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    I too have seen quite a few of their franchisees close their doors. But it really comes down a lot to the individual store owners; how they choose viable locations, how they market and how they manage their business, etc. RFG just provides the platform and brand for them to build with. Have you ever heard the saying "95% of businesses fail within the first year" (likely higher). It doesn't matter whether those businesses are franchised or build their own brand - it's still a big risk building a business. I think a lot of people look at a franchised business the wrong way - it's not necessarily easier than building your own brand in many ways as you have to follow guidelines based on the 'brand' you are using whereas if you make your own you have full control. But that's the price you pay to be associated to a pre-existing / relevant brand - pros and cons.

I think RFG will float around the $7 level for awhile. There's a lot of positive momentum and the new synergies with the manufacturing/distribution should really enhance the RFG business model all-around and I anticipate these synergies to really support a strong result next year. Personally I'm in no rush to sell (or buy) at these levels. If it drops below $7 I'll likely consider accumulating. But with a strong div it's an easy stock to hold and enjoy the ride .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.6¢
Change
0.004(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $186.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.3¢ 7.6¢ 7.2¢ $504.3K 6.768M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 732880 7.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.7¢ 597329 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.6¢
  Change
0.004 ( 3.26 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.3¢ 7.6¢ 7.2¢ 5920873
Last updated 16.10pm 14/06/2024 ?
RFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.