Great post. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer three years ago...

1. 166 Posts.
    Great post. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer three years ago at the age of 54 with a PSA just over 4 and Gleeson Score of 3 + 4 also. Fortunately the cancer was caught early. After the operation the PSA has reduced to less than .01. Most men die when the cancer spreads from the prostate to other parts of the body. So a PSA test every year is certainly worthwhile although a friend of mine had a PSA reading of over 8 however did not have Prostate Cancer after a biopsy was performed.

I also agree with Watso regarding his comments about cycling because of the health benefits. The calorie burn can be as much 1,000er hour say at an average speed of 25 klm's per hour. IMHO the best defense from getting Prostate Cancer is to lead a healthy life, stay active, fit and stay within a normal weight range. Some of the men and women in our cycling club are in their mid 60's and early 70's and are so fit for their age. They are an absolute inspiration.

Do not under estimate the danger of not getting an annual PSA check. Prostate cancer kills, in fact more men die from Prostate Cancer every year than women with breast cancer.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.