Relationship Register

1. 11,316 Posts.
    This is in NSW , and I believe all States would have one.
    To me this looks likes the "equality' that they want and already have. Fancy that.

The NSW Relationships register commenced operation 1 July 2010. It provides legal recognition for a couple, regardless of their sex, by registration of the relationship.
    mce-anchorEligibilitymce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchor

Adults who are in a relationship as a couple, regardless of sex, can apply for registration of their relationship, provided at least one of them lives in NSW. Adults in both heterosexual and same-sex relationships are eligible to register.
    A relationship cannot be registered if either person is:
    • under 18 years old
    • married
    • in another registered relationship
    • in a relationship as a couple with another person, or
    • if they are related by family.
    A couple does not have to live together to be eligible to register their relationship.
    mce-anchorSame Sex Marriagesmce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchormce-anchor

• You are eligible to register your relationship in NSW if you have been married overseas in a same sex marriage.
    http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/marriages/relationship-register.aspx

There is more to this SSM push that meets the  eye. I am not signing a blank cheque

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.