MAY 5.41% 7.0¢ melbana energy limited

Something I didn't know! The US embargo with Cuba has some...

1. 1,846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 87
    Something I didn't know!
    The US embargo with Cuba has some interesting loophole details.
    According to the US Energy Information Administration, US companies are allowed to paticipate
    in drilling and sending technology and supplies with an executive licence. Surely Cupet could help with
    the "executive" licence.

I wonder if a US 3D company would be interested if this rule is still in force.
    It is dated 2016, so could be different now.

https://www.eia.gov/international/analysis/country/CUB

Last Updated: July 2016
    Overview

• Cuba imports the majority of their energy needs, but offshore oil and gas potential could help mitigate their reliance imports. Cuba has entered into many agreements with various countries to help with exploration and drilling efforts. As a result of the ongoing U.S. trade embargo against Cuba, U.S. companies are unable to own any Cuban oil assets. However, U.S. oil companies are allowed to participate in drilling as well as sending technology and supplies with an executive license. While there is interest in Cuban offshore assets, the combination of low oil prices and technically challenging fields could be stumbling blocks for foreign investment.
    • Cuba is also seeking to diversify its energy supply with renewable sources as the country anticipates economic recovery and development. Cuba's location provides ideal conditions for renewable energy growth within the country.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
-0.004(5.41%)
Mkt cap ! $246.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.4¢ 7.4¢ 6.5¢ $766.2K 10.92M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 581659 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.2¢ 17307 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.1¢
  Change
-0.004 ( 4.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.4¢ 7.4¢ 6.5¢ 4411802
Last updated 15.56pm 12/06/2024 ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.