XJO 0.15% 7,851.7 s&p/asx 200

Remembrance Day. Tuesday, 11 November, 2014, page-31

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    Karl I'm happy to share but it's not something that might help a trader ,nor do I have a chart . I think I posted a few times here that I was going long BHP as the best play at that time ,for two reasons . Firstly they'd been oversold ,which even a crude chartist such as myself could see ,and secondly that everyone had fallen in love with the USD which had caused BHP to overshoot to the downside ,and that even if the AUD just held its ground for a few weeks BHP would naturally reverse.

That's happened .Unfortunately there's been no divi in the interim . If you're going to play these things professionally you either need to short it or take calls ,but being too set in my ways to bother with all the possibilities and having the means I just load up on the stock and assess it from there . I've been dribbling some out ,but hey ,it's a great stock ,they're going to make money whatever the circumstances ,I'm thinking better off having your cash sitting there than anywhere else.

Always easy after the ball ,but I did say it at the time ,you're not going to build castles off it ,but far better off doing that than speculating in any story going ,most of which have fallen over.

As Mongo would tell you there's nothing much can happen to BHP except how the market views it ,via emotion ,at a given point in time ,as we've just borne witness to.

If you're a Martis devotee then when terrible things happen they'll be 27 bucks ,which means you've lost 15 per cent of your money compared to everyone else who's lost 80 percent . Plus you can get out at any time .

It's a good stock to play in this sort of market

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.