I'll try and give a simple example of what this passage is...

1. 23,361 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I'll try and give a simple example of what this passage is possibly referring to, that you may relate to.

Gen 2:7 says, man (the package) become a living soul.
    And that package, living soul produces fruits, which can be deemed as the soul of that living soul.

We have seen quite a bit of your views in regards to your faith and your conviction in that regards, and I get the impression that you walk the talk so to speak in regards to your convictions (commendable).
    Hence we could say, what we see and experience from you is -> The Soul of Kam, or in the same context, the spirit of Kam, the heart of Kam or the mind of Kam, all meaning the same thing, but not separate to the living soul, only the expressed part, spiritual you might say.
    Hence, someone could kill your body, but you would likely or possibly die, without anyone being able to steal or kill that soul aspect of you.
    And from a Biblical aspect, although your body, the living soul has been killed, you will be raised in some form on the last day, because of what you clung to.

Hence I feel, that the souls of them under the alter in Rev, is in that context, recorded in the Book of life.
    They ask God the likes of, how much longer before the vengeance for us is taken, and they are told to wait a little while longer.
    Some would have been waiting for numerous years, twiddling their thumbs, that doesn't sound like a good place to be.
    Hence, the message appears to be in the same context, as Able's blood crying out in the grave = not literally there.

Paul tells some, not to be troubled by the likes of their loved ones that had fallen asleep (dead), and then goes on to explain how they will be raised on the last day, this was to comfort them.
    If something of us in the here and now on death went to heaven for example, SURELY Paul would have just told them this, which would be even more comforting.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.