"By quoting 1Cor 15:44.......Are you saying that God has a body...

1. 23,384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "By quoting 1Cor 15:44.......Are you saying that God has a body made of flesh and blood?"

I said or hinted at nothing of a sort.

15:44 - It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
    John 3:5,6 - Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
    That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The subject there was, how can one be born twice, the water here is being born from your mother, the natural body.
    "and the Spirit" - John 6:63 - It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
    (Word related that verse, hence words of the flesh, profit nothing).

The same body here is being spoken of, which transforms and in short, to the incorruptible.
    If you read on in these passages (1 Cor), you will find it's all word related, word of man and word of God, the incorruptible which is put on.
    The incorruptible there, is confirmed in 1 Peter 1:23 = the word of God, which then would make us the image of Jesus or the heavenly as the passages show.

Jesus became the express image of God's person, when he expressed out God's words.
    So the verse that says we will be like God, I would say is in this context, which is image of.
    End plan is for God to be all in all, via word and Spirit I would say.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.