16 - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another...

1. 22,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    16 - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever

Prayer requested granted -> Acts 2:33 - Acts 2:33 - Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit ( And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Comforter,), He poured out this which you now see and hear.

(an advocate, intercessor, a consoler, comforter, helper).

Hence, there is zero corruption in the version I posted, all are saying the same thing.

The "another" is CLEARLY independent of Jesus and the another is what was dwelling in Jesus John 14:10.
    -------------
    17 - the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

= 2 Cor 6:16 - And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people.”
    1 Cor 6:19 - What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

John 6:45 - It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
    Isa 54:13 - Then all your sons will be taught by Yehowah, and great will be their prosperity.
    = 14:26 - But the Comforter the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Jesus set the stage for the above, or you might say the first to get the likes of the above, to the extent he did.
    John 3:34 - For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for (because) God does not give the Spirit by measure.
    Luke 4:18 - “The Spirit of Yehowah is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the goodnews -> (flesh) to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;

John 1:14 And the Word Goodnews -> (flesh) became..........................wink.png full of grace and truth -> 17:17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.