"All the above and following, to me suggest, that the Holy...

1. 3,061 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 530
    "All the above and following, to me suggest, that the Holy Spirit is independent of Jesus's own personal spirit"

in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Col 2.9

who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; Heb 1.3

He recieved the spirit from his father as he is also a divine being ,heb 1 says by inheritence

When it talks about the holy spirit had not yet been given,simply means christ had not yet redeemed man,his life was not yet fully available to us as after his death and resurection,in the 1st adam we die,by the 2nd we live,ĥow,by his spirit

So it seems we maybe saying the same thing but its semantics,but maybe a little difference is,the father gave the son life by inheritence,so he pocesses the spirit of his father as a divine being ,but its a subject we cant fully know because only parts are given,but we do know it is not something or a being seperate to the father and his son

You did dodge a few of my points though,when jesus said recieve ye my spirit,isnt that just what it means?
    His spirit?

When he said he will send another comforter,i will come to you? Do we then change this meaning to something else or we leave it where it is? I(jesus)will come to you in his spirit form after his resurection,because encombered with humanity he couldnt be with everyone who wants his spirit,ie the spirit was not yet given,yet we know before this God spirit moved across the face of the waters etc etc

They share the same divine spirit which flows from father to son to us

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.