"Furthermore, Jesus's claim to be the resurrection and life...

1. 23,364 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "Furthermore, Jesus's claim to be the resurrection and life highlights his divinity, as only God has the power to overcome death and grant eternal life to believers, solidifying his position as the ultimate and only source of life and salvation for all humanity."

In Jesus's name so to speak, following, WHY would you claim such as per the highlight, when Jesus himself does Not support Your claim???? rolleyes.png

Jesus speaking to the Father who he independently of himself defines as the only true God when here, says;
    John 17:2 - as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.

17:8 - For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me.
    And they are among other things, Spirit and Life and words of eternal life John 6:63, 68.

John 5:24,-26 - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
    Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice (words) of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
    For as the Father has life in himself; so has he given to the Son to have life in himself;

and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

And so it goes on, the only true God and Father at the time of Jesus, granted the 2nd Adam MAN to have life in himself and nothing there whatsoever that Jesus had to be God, to be able to give life.
    --------------
    "solidifying his position as the ultimate and only source of life and salvation for all humanity."

The only true God and Father that Jesus defines when he was here, following;
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Hmm, it would appear that you left out Jesus's words in John 17:3, abandoned the Father, the originator of this eternal life plan, as to the Two, that eternal life NOW comes through.
    Not three, just TWO wink.png

You know how it changed from the OT as Yehowah the Father in that period, alone was the saviour, until the times were fulfilled.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.