Retirement, page-73

1. 6,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 882
    Totally agree, I dont watch tv anymore, the only time I do is when I'm in someones house and its on and have no real choice or if its with my hard drive plugged in to watch what I want to watch, a show I have downloaded that isn't full with agendas and propaganda.

All news on mainstream media has an agenda, the more sensational the story the bigger the agenda.
    Look at 911 FFS. How many laws have been passed since 911 which has been described as being better for
    the protection of the people against terrorism but really has just taken away everyones human rights and privacy.

With regard to the OP worried about assets etc, have you a trust that holds these assets?
    More to the point an offshore trust would be a better way to go instead of an Australian trust.
    There are certain countries where the protection rights are much stronger than others.
    I would think if you are an Australian with Australian assets held in an Australian trust, your
    assets may not be so secure from the Australian government (I could be wrong) as opposed to them being held in a trust internationally. Its something that needs research and depends on each persons plans and situation.

One very strong jurisdiction for trust law is the Cook Islands trust. It has stood up numberous times
    to unwanted/unwarranted court action, I think even from the US government (dont quote me on that).

Of course this will add to your annual costs so It really depends on
    whether you earn enough to make this happen and if its financially viable but it sure will
    give you peace of mind and would be fully legal.

Hope everything works out for you.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.