Actually I am not doing it for money but to write down actual...

1. 17,975 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1006

Actually I am not doing it for money but to write down actual history not the rewritten history that is rewritten at times for political reasons. It has already been responsible for correcting some aboriginal history where it proves that a "sacred" waterhole with dreamtime history was actually constructed by members of my family and I was there to see it happen.

It also tells stories where I was called "a Pelaco shirted, Stamina trousered, Akubra hatted bastard" by a white barman, asked to leave a hotel dining room at lunch time because I was not wearing a coat ( I was wearing a tie and a cardigan) again by a white manager. I have many Maori friends and most of them I "bossed" at work. I had to and did earn their respect.

I suggest that I am well qualified to make statements on the subject at hand with an open mind. While I do not agree with Anning I do believe he has the right to an opinion and the right to express his opinion. This does not mean that I am not totally disgusted and upset at what has happened in NZ. More so because the offender is from my local area, was Australian, had a good education and should have known right from wrong.

I also tend to be the devils advocate on forums such as Hot Copper and tend to get into conflict with popular opinion. I resist when anyone is telling us what we should be thinking rather than just point out their point of view and demand that it is the only correct version.

As far as Melbourne is concerned and your reply to lauraturner look at todays news another knife murder at night on the street. Just on the news another teenager rushed to hospital after a stabbing.

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.