@mirren Hope you had a great break. No. Boots staying under the...

1. 5,523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    @mirren

Hope you had a great break.

No. Boots staying under the bed. Still too much personal stuff to deal with at the moment.
    Anyways, I wasn't much of a contributor, nor much of a consumer of the chatter. I was always too busy with the trade. I tended to report my observations at midday and/or market close, didn't get into the "calls" side of it all.

Yeah, the traditional DT runners seem to be curtailed - I suspect that the trade has been heavily arbitraged. IPO market has been as flat as too.

I think the market will pick up in April, just before peeps roll out the "Sell in May and go away" platitude. I think the midcaps will allow for some runners in April.
    Large Caps usually do OK in April too, but the market is usually heavily supported by the big four. Question I'm asking myself, will the markets punish the banks because of revelations in the Royal Commission? That's a stupid question really. The markets are amoral, they will happily invest in the banks if there is nowhere better/safer to invest.

BTC: From a business perspective, there are very few barriers to entry for competitors in cryptos. You can buy a turn-key block chain from IBM. And the banks can turn off transactions to crypto exchanges anytime they want. The First Mover advantage has been great for some of the early cryptos and this holds true for all other internet only plays....Uber, AirTasker, AirBnB but anyone can write software.....

Thanks for getting back to me,

All the best to you and yours.

MFx

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.