We have all been told a big LIE. "The less power you use the...

1. 1,431 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    We have all been told a big LIE.
    "The less power you use the more money you will save."
    Guess what? No!
    The less power you use the more we (the electricity companies ie Energex) will raise the "supply charge."
    If you think there will ever be a cap on this charge you are in dream land.

People with solar power (the ones that missed the lucrative FiT) will just wait until the supply charge reaches the "battery storage" threshold and once that is viable, by by power company. The battery storage space is gaining huge momentum.
    With the massive take up of solar in Australia this shift would see massive losses to power companies.
    Can the remainder of customers prop up the cost of running the grid? Maybe but with a huge loss to the bottom line and to government coffers.
    This from the courier mail a about 12 months ago.
    "Energex figures show it turned a more than $500 million profit last financial year, with its board deciding to deliver 80 per cent of that to its owner, the State Government."
    The only way to forge change against this greed is to TURN OFF!

I know I am being simplistic with my notion of everyone going off the grid, but it has been done before.
    People used to salt meat, preserve fruits, make jams and chutney, grow fresh produce, milk a cow, whatever.

If you think lobbying government for change will work, think again.
    Power companies are too much of a cash cow for them.

So we have two choices. Switch off or PAY UP!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.