CBA 0.54% $113.92 commonwealth bank of australia.

No its great you have a different opinion. I just came on...

1. 677 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    No its great you have a different opinion. I just came on because I was bored and wired from the days trading.

I agree... CBA usually goes down before it even has a chance to distribute dividends. It is evident in the pattern analysis. I attribute this to loosening monetary policy and a piece of advice I was given when I was just starting out in finance. Heres what was said to me about CBA.

"If you want the dividend then you have to short the bank"

I like your style because I was also taught to make support and resistance tables. Even on a day where I made moolah, there is still something I could have done better. However, the reason I could bet on the bell was that the trendline from the bottom will dominate any smaller trend from the top. The flag pattern will also have an interesting effect, if only just a bit of breathing space when the price tracks. But the down trend has been broken according to Gann exit rules. This was my evaluation. I skipped the support and resistance tables because I dont like using them when I day trade. I dont think there is enough time but maybe you have inspired me short term.

Please dont take my words as advice. I am fast and hold back a bear. I may have bet on the bell but just because I go to bed a cowboy does not mean I dont expect to wake up a bear. I will close my position tomorrow with the goal of making profit. I am nimble and quick.

Heres my long term chart:

As you can see... the long term line underneath should dominate that smaller one from above. Testing it yesterday saw the line at the top break. Let us see if it retests today or in the future. It will break eventually but I am happy to go back and fourth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$113.92
Change
-0.620(0.54%)
Mkt cap ! $190.6B
Open High Low Value Volume
$113.60 $114.11 $113.00 $118.6M 1.042M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7 $113.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$113.94 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$113.93
  Change
-0.620 ( 0.28 %)
Open High Low Volume
$113.51 $114.10 $113.00 114237
Last updated 15.59pm 01/05/2024 ?
CBA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.