AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Hi PASBOZCharbella was kind enough to post this Q&A on the other...

1. 478 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    Hi PASBOZ

Charbella was kind enough to post this Q&A on the other place about SoS Blinken's visit to the DRC:

QUESTION: (Via interpreter)
    I have two questions. I would like to talk about corruptions – solution – just very quickly, two questions.The fight against corruption, no U.S. companies possible in the DRC as long as there is corruption. That’s what the Ambassador Hammer told us a few months ago. During your visit, you also talked about business in the DRC, American companies. Can they come? Are you satisfied with the work by the DRC?

SECRETARY BLINKEN: (Via interpreter)
    I think that there’s a greater awareness now that corruption is a cancer that attacks democracy, that attacks the Congolese people, and that also attacks the possibility of foreign investments. We’ve seen positive approaches by the government. I mentioned them with my – your colleagues. But there’s still some work to be done, especially about transparency from the government, contracting, et cetera.But I think that there’s an approach underway, there’s a direct connection between this approach and the possibility for investments. For example, in the mineral sector, we have now established a partnership for mining for minerals, and we need to exploit minerals but not human beings. And what’s important in this partnership is namely possibly to have investments. What we are asking for is that this exploitation take place according to real values – namely, respect for the workers, respect for the environment, respect for transparency.The DRC, I think, will take part in this partnership, and this is quite promising for the future. So if there’s no corruption, U.S. companies will come, yes.

Indeed the future for AVZ can be bright, but a few things need to put in place by the DRC government, particularly good governance and the rule of commercial law. It goes without saying that a good start is kicking out corrupt officials and those who seek to corrupt them. I sincerely hope Felix follows through.

Cheers
    F

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.