AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

The interesting thing about Indiana's situation is twofold (1)...

1. 478 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    The interesting thing about Indiana's situation is twofold (1) the govt of Tanzania failed to live up to its agreement to recognise and safeguard Indiana's interest and sunk costs in the project, and (2) the Tanzanian govt changed its mining legislation presumably through the parliamentary process. The changes subsequently applied to all explorers going forward. Indiana was treated unfairly by the Tanzanian Mining Commission, which was recognised by the ICSID.

In AVZ's case, the Democratic Republic of Corruption (DRC) singled out AVZ for unjustified treatment due to govt corruption and bribery. There was no carefully considered legislative basis for its shoddy treatment of AVZ...just corruption and bribery in order to steal away AVZ's legitimate stake in Manono, and give it to the Chinese.

The DRC govt has no option but to fully restore AVZ's rights in the project, including the mining licence or face an eye-watering multi-billion dollar ICSID award. Regardless of the potential outcome, AVZ may never be allowed to develop the site and build its mine. The DRC govt is likely to put up various administrative road-blocks on everything in order to stall progress and force AVZ out, and let the Chinese in.

Sooner or later AVZ may need to negotiate an exit package. I hope they have rock solid negotiation skills.

Cheers
    F

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.