CosmoImo, you and many others here have a naive view of the...

1. 37,269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 404
    Cosmo

Imo, you and many others here have a naive view of the intent of Putin and Xi … Xi I recall sees rightful global dominance for China in the century ahead … their deserved and rightful destiny.

The only benevolent dictator of sorts I can recall of recent times is Lee Kwan Yew of Singapore. There is nothing benevolent about Xi, Putin, Jong Un and the dictatorial regimes in the Mid-East, much of Africa and parts of South America.

How did naive appeasement play out for Chamberlain?

Would Hitler have been benevolent if he had succeeded in Europe?

Was Ghengis Khan benevolent as his bloody influence grew across Asia?

For all the woke criticisms here about Western democracy, by and large autonomy has been returned reasonably bloodlessly and in many cases with goodwill by the British Colonial Empire, with lasting benefits and much goodwill I suggest.

I wouldn’t be holding my breath for how we would fare in an unchecked global future slugged out by the likes of Xi, Putin, Jong Un and Iran … with spoils to those who might prevail.

Are any of you prepared to cede all governing and sovereign powers back to First Nations people in Australia. Demonstrably, the British Empire treated Australia with more dignity and confidence than has since not been conferred by Australia towards First Nation peoples, somewhat hypocritically for the Western antagonists that seem to loudly dominate this thread.

It is truly mind boggling that many here can live with the freedoms and benefits brought by western democracy and gormlessly promote unfettered, unchecked futures for proven expansionist, dictatorial and despotic regimes.

Dex
    Last edited by poyndexter: 19/05/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.