Russian objectives - Ukraine's demilitarization. Preventing...

1. 168 Posts.
    Russian objectives - Ukraine's demilitarization. Preventing Ukraine from joining NATO.
    Anyone claiming that Russia's objective is to capture all of Ukraine is an ignorant fool. Neither the Russian government nor the Russian MOD made such statements. So judging Russia's progress on the battlefield by the speed of their advance is a meaningless exercise.

According to Budanov, Ukraine has barely any (if any) reserves left. Demilitarization is obviously in progress. Russia is moving towards achieving it's objective.
    According to Jan Stoltenberg, and many EU politicians, Ukraine will not be a part of NATO any time soon. Objective achieved.

Ukrainian objectives (stated officially) - Restore Ukraine within it's 1991 borders. Which involves re-gaining territories. This whole thing initially started as an ATO to liberate Donetsk/Luhansk from the "separatists" 10 years ago.
    Maybe I'm an amateur in reading maps, but if I compare a map from 2014 to a map from today, to me it looks like Ukraine actually lost more territories since 2014.

Ukraine losing territory = Ukraine failing to move towards the achievement of its stated objective = Ukraine is losing

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.