Hi @SelmaBouvier :) Lovely to read your thoughts and those of...

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Hi @SelmaBouvier

Lovely to read your thoughts and those of others. I am now more an investor and not a DTer, so most of my thoughts are not really relevant to anyone who is sweating on price movements during a window of only 6 hours.

But, if you are, here are some thoughts from my own DT experience which might be relevant ...

If this is your first foray into stock trading and you are DTing, then I would suggest that you stop and try either paper trading (not using real money but doing theoretical trades) or become a short-term trader in which you buy and hold for perhaps a few weeks/months. Successful DTers are a rare and special breed. I was mediocre at best.
    The added time frame you will have will greatly reduce your stress levels. It will also give the market time to "correct" any "mistakes" which the market might have made with your stock.
    Trying to DT without some serious knowledge about charts and using software which doesn't show you live stock prices is not good.
    Be ready to spend 6-10 hours a day watching flashing numbers on a computer monitor. Is this how you want to spend your working life?
    Are you using your own money or are you using money which also comes from your significant other? Can you afford to lose that money without stuffing up your life/relationship?
    How do you cope with stress? When the market doesn't go your way, are you going to BS yourself/others and pretend that all is well or are you going to be honest?
    Do you have a trading plan, in writing, on which is written what rules you will follow? Perhaps keep a diary with details of not just your trades, but your reasons for the trades, the outcomes, how you were feeling at the time etc.
    Everyone will give you advice, free of charge, and possibly even well-intentioned, but ultimately you are the one pushing the button. The responsibility is yours. You have to acquire the knowledge yourself. The more you know, the luckier you will probably get.
    As previously mentioned, you need to leave your ego at the door or it will cripple you. No doubt about it. Think you made a good trade because you made some money? Really? So it's all about the outcome and not the process? Good luck with that.
    Most people go broke trading stocks and most people also lie. Plenty of liars on these threads. Buyer beware.
    Reading this back, it seems pretty bleak. Can be. Can also be interesting, challenging, educational, insightful.
    If you want to do something positive for the punters on this site, then be truthful. It will be good for your soul and helpful to others. All the very best

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.