Yes. It starts off when a religion believes it is the only one...

1. 3,979 Posts.
    Yes. It starts off when a religion believes it is the only one that is right and ends with religions who execute you because you have insulted God.

I wonder how they know that God was insulted. Maybe He's a kick back sort of deity who doesn't give a rat's ass what any insignificant creature says. So much for free will. So let me get this straight - which is worse, blasphemy or institutional murder? I'll get back to you on that, I'm still thinking. Rape - blasphemy, hmmm. Pedophilia - blasphemy, hmmm. Forcing a child to kill - blasphemy, hmmm. Why are these questions so hard to answer?

If God doesn't exist then this whole planet is a seething mass of insanity. As opposed to, if He does exist then this whole planet is only a seething mass of insanity.

The greatest thing that could happen for humankind is that every religion get together and all have a big march through the streets together with placards saying, We Are All Wrong, or None of us Have a Clue, or There's Something Out There But We Haven't Got a Bloody Clue What it is.

It would culminate in a huge party and fireworks display where priest and nuns would throw their habits and dog collars and crucifixes into a great fire, Muslims would shave off their beards for charity, their wives would burn their hijab and everybody would then have to dress in the sacred holy raiment of thongs, t-shirt and shorts. Problem solved. Nobody in thongs, shorts and Mambo t-shirt has ever beheaded anybody.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.