A quality weekend thread, appreciate it guys! 5g I became part...

1. 12,115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    A quality weekend thread, appreciate it guys!

5g I became part of it as I liked the idea and secondly to answer few of the random questions which were asked at STT re what is the minimum capital required to start the stocks... The whole idea was that “no capital is a small capital” as my own begining was fairly humble and my brother started with almost nothing.... I think all we need is a right strategy, hard work, dedication & motivation and focus... I will repeat the same that “no capital is a small capital” however if you want to maximise the opportunity you need to do it yourself... like everything else in life there are others both good and bad who have done the same thing before but its you who has to go the extra yard and make your way...

This also alligns with the weekend topic... who to follow?
    Literally no one is worth following but everyone is... for me its more like a timing thing really... some people happens to be right space right time which gave them early mover advantage or contacts simply others do lack at that time... so who to follow? simply you need to follow yourself means you need a solid strong strategy based on your risk appetite... then you need research and heaps of it and then it will become easier...
    Simply, strauss or minoil posting on a stock which has low EV and are in right space makes my life easy... I just then have to double check the facts and figures and have to check cash balanace debts etc... and I am in if it makes sense to me... a while back, minoil posted on RLC which made me couple of bags and recent example of LRS where I followed strauss and end up making money... of course there would be other examples...
    when it comes to brokers, things change... so if I follow a certain broker when they happen to find the right space then right things do follow for myself... as I am a short term investor who analyze its investments on regular basis... sometimes I end up a holding a position longer than short term which for me is 1 week to 3 months... by saying this, my strategy does not change but the story of the stock does change and while I review my investment and end up holding my position as I think a certain stock is worth taking another short term position... For example, I got VEC at 0.5c almost a year ago... I then kept buying the stock after consolidation as that was the main risk for me... I did more research Jason Brewer came up with a bit of history... but I like the tenements of VEC so I hanged in as I could not find any other red flag in the stock... the burn rate was extreme low like 80k a quarter for admin, staff cost, supers, director fees and all... they burnt 150k in 6 months which was very good IMO... now they announced their strategy of Major Acquisitions... I knew Jason Brewer was behind CFE and was visiting DRC regularly more than anyone else at ASX... so I added more shares as I thought a coblat acquisition is on the way..... stock end of making two bags then I figured out a hint from their presentation at Down Under Conference that they were looking for 3m oz gold... Was a bit disappointing for the market as they were expecting a cobalt acquisition hence the stock got hammered... I took the oppotunity to buy a trading parcel as I knew there are not many 3mozs gold plays at asx... this is where I told myself that I have locked in 2 bags in VEC as a short term holding and now investing back in a stock which might do another two bags... so I have not changed the strategy but took another short term position in my own stock... then back to back acquisitions and both looked amazing to me hence I reviewed my position again and took another bag from VEC at 3c and opened another short term position from 3c base... so far I made 500% return on the same stock however my short term position has not changed... all this means that I am still a short term investor who analyses the situation as soon as the short term time frame lapses and if a certain stock still can providr another short term positions I grab the opportunity and if a stock foes not offer the same value I just move on...

This also explains that a certain individual/broker can take a challenge and is willing to go the extra yard like Jason Brewer has this time... he went to DRC way before others and now he is repeaing the rewards along with share holders in those companies... I know many will say its DRC and all the political opinions which come along with it... but one need to remember that all heaps of big discoveries are happening in DRC and all the majors are moving in like Glencore recently bought tons of cobalt leases from DRC... this is why i would say, good on JB for moving to place at right time and he has now build extensive relationships there...

By saying this, I am a short term investor and I will keep reviewing my positions as I go along... thats my strategy which works for me and I am happy with it... at the same time, I will repeat “no capital is a small capital” its the effort which makes the difference.... so please go the extra yard and hopefully you will see the rewards!

All the best

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.